My name is Amy, and this blog will be a "domestic diary" of sorts. I am a stay at home mom to two sweet little boys and wife to an amazing (and patient) man (9 years this summer). I am four credits away from earning my masters degree (which is now on hold), and had a career for 10 years before choosing to stay home when my first baby was born in 2007. I want the domestic life, but I'm not that good at it. I would love nothing more than to be the "perfect wife" and the "perfect mother." However I am the furthest thing from that. I really do want to be a Martha Stewart, and would love to be the 2010 version of June Cleaver. I spend too much time on the computer, have a list of organization projects ten miles long, and the dinners I serve leave much to be desired. I have a lot of room for improvement. My goal is to have a good balance so I get to do the things I enjoy like digital scrapbooking, but things at home, like laundry do not get neglected. This blog is the documentation of my adventure in trying to be a better "domestic engineer."

Monday, March 15, 2010

Will Work For Points...

My friend Valarie shared a link with me to the Home Sanctuary blog.  It is a really neat blog.  The author has daily "little things" to do to try and keep your house organized... to create a sanctuary in your home.  To make it fun the author "awards" points for doing the tasks she posts about.  I think readers can win little prizes and stuff with the points, but I don't think they really mean anything.  It is just kind of fun and motivating to earn points even if they are just arbitrary.  Valarie came up with her own  point system for her own house keeping tasks.  She shared her list with me, and I'm going to come up with a list also using her list as a guide Smiley.  Each day I will tally up my points, and maybe even share them here so you can help keep be accountable (or humble) for how "housewife-y I've been.     

An example would be
Mop kitchen floor 50 points
Vacuum living room carpet 40 points
etc.

Anyway I don't have points assigned for specific tasks yet, but I will try and work on that tomorrow or sometime this week.  If you come up with a list I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

  1. have you gotten this done yet?? hmm? lol Ive been such a slacker lately come on Amy youre supposed to help keep us motivated lol

    ReplyDelete